- How do I schedule a tutoring session?
- What if I need to cancel a tutoring session?
- What happens if I am late to a tutoring session?
- What happens if my tutor is late to our tutoring session?
- What happens if I am late picking up my child from a tutoring session?
- Can I set up a fixed, regular schedule for my tutoring sessions?
- Can I schedule tutoring sessions without having a fixed schedule?
To schedule your first tutoring session, please complete our online registration form. We will call you within 24 hours and match you with a tutor for your first free session. To schedule subsequent tutoring sessions, you may contact us or contact your tutor directly to set up a time. All sessions must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
If you need to cancel a scheduled tutoring session for any reason, we will refund your money or give you transfer credit provided that you notify us at least 24 hours in advance of your session. Otherwise, you may not be entitled to a refund or transfer credit.
Our tutors will to wait at the location of the scheduled tutoring session for the entire length of the session. If you are late to the session, the tutor will work with you from the time of your arrival until the scheduled ending time of the session. The tutor may, if he or she is willing, make up the missed time at the end of the session; however, the company cannot guarantee the make up of lost time due to a student’s late arrival. It is very important to arrive on time so that you get the most out of your tutoring session.
If your tutor is more than 5 minutes late, you will be refunded or credited for the fraction of the hour that was missed by the tutor, unless you and the tutor agree to make up missed time at the end of the session.
When registering with our company, you will have two options for how you want us to handle this situation:
- If your child is very young, and you do not wish to leave him or her unsupervised, our tutor will stay with your child after the tutoring session until you arrive. However, since this could potentially cause the tutor to miss their next appointment, you will be charged an additional $40 if the tutor waits with the child for more than 10 minutes.
- If you feel that your child will be fine in a public place without the tutor’s supervision, you can sign our “Travel Consent Form”. This form releases the tutor from supervising the child, and waives the $40 fee.
Yes! If you would like regular help from a tutor, we can help you arrange a fixed meeting schedule. Most of our students set up weekly sessions with their tutor.
Yes! If you do not want to receive help on a weekly basis, we are happy to schedule tutoring sessions only when you need them. This is normally the best approach if you only need help preparing for exams or completing projects for a class.